Sunday, July 10, 2016

What Do I Do Next?


Photo by Louis, a work in progress.

Louis Shalako

I'm coming to the end of my current little landscaping job. It's a lot like coming to the end of a good book, whether reading it or writing it.

What will I do next?

There is that strange attachment to a work in progress, which challenged me physically and psychologically, as well as paying a little money. The money keeps me going day-by-day, and at least while working we don't have to confront larger issues...I worked no more than two or three hours a day, two or three days at a stretch except for the most recent, where I went back five days in a row.

That's my big question. Who else in this town would hire me on such a basis, paying a decent rate and supplying tools and materials...???

That is one very good question. The other question is how much the ODSP will dock next month's pension cheque, and what kind of a position does that leave me in regarding rent, insurance, internet/phone bills, and other fixed costs of subsistence.

 So. What in the hell do I do next?

Hopefully it will be something.

Here are some previous stories.

http://bringerofrain.blogspot.ca/2016/06/back-to-work.html 

 http://bringerofrain.blogspot.ca/2016/06/lets-hope-this-dont-kill-me.html


No comments:

Post a Comment