Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Coming November 1. 'The Art of Murder.'

Marketing image for my new mystery novel, 'The Art of Murder,' which will be published November 1/2012.

I would love a critique, an impression, a scathing commentary, a few words on a related subject,* for someone to go off on a tangent, or even a few unsolicited compliments on this, my first attempt at a marketing image.

Ahem. That bein' said, (and I'm just sayin',) please tell me all about how bad covers don't sell good books, and all that short-story long crap.

Hello to all of you in Russia. Russia is a great country, and I hope you all learn English very, very soon, so that you all can read a whole bunch of my books. Spacebo comrades.

More on this later.

Thank you very much and good day. Oh, and I promise to put the skull back in the ROM tomorrow before Curly the minimum-wage unarmed security guard wakes up just in time to go home.) -louis


P.S. Yes I know my signature begins with a lower case letter. It's like a little peccadillo.

*But I ain't going to get it, am I?

This is the end of this post. Stop reading it.

5 comments:

  1. I love the cover. It is awesome. The red background makes it pop. It would get my attention in the library. The letter makes it look different in a charming fashion. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks K.D. This is not necessarily the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would move your name up just a smidge because at a smaller resolution, it's hard to distinguish the (dark and lighter red) colors--I always shrink things down to look at covers, since that will likely be a person's first impression. It definitely says that dead people will somehow be involved in this story. Aside from that one little tweak, I really like it. That red color really makes your skull stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it but have you tried stark black for the background with the white scull and the lettering all in dripping red? Just a thought.

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll see what happens, as I'm sure this will evolve over the next while. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete